We need a Hardware Engineer to make it easier to charge electric cars
In the future, we hope that there will be an EV charger at every destination.
When there's an EV charger at every destination, we think more people will choose electric vehicles, because:
- They can recharge their car wherever they're going
- They can recharge their car whenever they need to
- They can recharge their car safely (even when sleeping)
And when more people are driving electric, there will be less harmful emissions from transportation. We think that’s worth fighting for, even if our contribution is relatively small.
We are growing rapidly and need more people to join us on our mission to make EV chargers for regular people.
You will be part of a cross-functional product team that is responsible for product (business), engineering and design. It’s our job to make the right decisions on what problems we are solving for users (consumers) and customers (resellers), so we can reach our company goals.
As a Hardware Engineer in Amina, you will:
- Take part in the entire process of product development. From simulations to schematics, layout, testing prototypes, taking the product through certification, and following up the production.
- Do compliance testing at 3rd party laboratories, EMC, radio and safety.
- Work closely with the other members of the product team who are taking care of the mechanical, software and firmware design.
Who you are
- You are an experienced engineer with several projects behind you, or you are straight out of University. We are assembling an awesome team with junior and senior developers!
- You are proficient in Altium Designer.
- You are creative and you like being challenged and finding the best solutions!
- You are a teamplayer, you work well with others in a multidisciplinary product team.
- You are structured, organized and able to get things done.
- You have an engineering education, MsC or BsC, or experience equivalent to it.
We value and treasure the people working here, so it’s extremely important to us that you share our values. Working for Amina isn’t for everyone, but maybe these values resonate with you too?
- We trust people who take initiative and accept accountability
- We’re inclusive and want to be as transparent as possible
- We communicate clearly and directly
- We respect people and keep promises
- We keep an open mind, search for other perspectives and want constructive feedback
We really care about our people, and try to go the extra mile so we can all thrive. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy working for Amina:
- Working in a tight-knit, social and trust-based culture where you will be able to make a difference
- Any equipment you need: laptop, smartphone, headset, ipad/remarkable, etc.
- We cover your phone subscription and internet at home
- Free, tasty and warm lunch every day
- Free gym for those who want to work out (at FOMO)
- Good pension and health insurance plans
- Full pay during maternity and paternity leave
- And much more!
About Amina Charging
Amina Charging was founded in Stavanger in 2021.
It was founded on the belief that there should be an EV charger at every destination if electric cars are going to be as popular in the rest of the world as it has become in Norway, where we’re from. But if there’s going to be EV chargers everywhere in the future, there needs to be a high-quality alternative that is easy to use and affordable for everyone.
With $10m in funding from climate-friendly investors and our extensive experience in EV charging, electrical engineering and business development, we launched our first simple, safe and affordable EV charger in October 2022. The quick launch was in large part thanks to a strong belief in a culture of trust, inclusiveness, clarity and respect that lets our people thrive.
Now, more than 30 people work for Amina to make the vision of an EV charger at every destination a reality – so more people can choose electric vehicles, wherever they’re going.