We need a Senior Embedded Software Developer to make it easier to charge electric cars
In the future, we hope that there will be an EV charger at every destination.
When there's an EV charger at every destination, we think more people will choose electric vehicles, because:
- They can recharge their car wherever they're going
- They can recharge their car whenever they need to
- They can recharge their car safely (even when sleeping)
And when more people are driving electric, there will be less harmful emissions from transportation. We think that’s worth fighting for, even if our contribution is relatively small.
Amina is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Embedded Software Developer to join our team. Our mission is to accelerate the transition to sustainable transportation by providing innovative charging solutions that are easy, fast, and affordable. As a Senior Embedded Software Developer, you will play a key role in designing and developing the software that powers our EV charging products.
As a Senior Embedded Software Developer, you will:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to design, develop, and implement embedded software for EV charging products
- Develop software architecture and design specifications
- Conduct testing and debugging of software to ensure high quality and reliability
- Create and maintain software documentation
You will work closely with hardware engineers, product managers, and other software developers to deliver software solutions that meet our customers' needs. You will also have the opportunity to work on a wide range of projects, from developing new charging features to improving the performance and reliability of our existing products.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in embedded software development
- Expertise in C/C++ programming language and assembly language
- Strong knowledge of microcontroller, microprocessor, and real-time operating systems
- Experience with software development tools such as compilers, debuggers, and emulators
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
In addition to these qualifications, we are looking for someone who is passionate about sustainable transportation and wants to make a positive impact on the world. We value diversity and inclusion and are committed to creating a supportive and collaborative work environment for all employees.
We value and treasure the people working here, so it’s extremely important to us that you share our values. Working for Amina isn’t for everyone, but maybe these values resonate with you too?
- We trust people who take initiative and accept accountability
- We’re inclusive and want to be as transparent as possible
- We keep it simple
We really care about our people, and try to go the extra mile so we can all thrive. Here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy working for Amina:
- Working in a tight-knit, social and trust-based culture where you will be able to make a difference
- Any equipment you need: laptop, smartphone, headset, ipad/remarkable, etc.
- We cover your phone subscription and internet at home
- Free, tasty and warm lunch every day
- Free gym for those who want to work out (at FOMO)
- Good pension and health insurance plans
- Full pay during maternity and paternity leave
- And much more!
About Amina Charging
Amina Charging was founded in Stavanger in 2021.
It was founded on the belief that there should be an EV charger at every destination if electric cars are going to be as popular in the rest of the world as it has become in Norway, where we’re from. But if there’s going to be EV chargers everywhere in the future, there needs to be a high-quality alternative that is easy to use and affordable for everyone.
With $10m in funding from climate-friendly investors and our extensive experience in EV charging, electrical engineering and business development, we launched our first simple, safe and affordable EV charger in October 2022. The quick launch was in large part thanks to a strong belief in a culture of trust, inclusiveness, clarity and respect that lets our people thrive.
Now, more than 30 people work for Amina to make the vision of an EV charger at every destination a reality – so more people can choose electric vehicles, wherever they’re going.